Thursday, June 19, 2014

Make "it" happen

I am just loving the World Cup this year.  My youngest has developed a passion for playing soccer and we've tried to tune into almost every game thus far in the World Cup. Let's Go USA!  & Vamos Costa Rica! The World Cup reminds me that athletes understand the power of making it happen! 

Don't you want to be a capable leader that makes "it" happen?  What is your "it?"  My "it" is change - joining in the movement of God so that lives are transformed.  I want to care about the "its" that God cares about. Whether it concerns challenges with racism, education, heroine addiction or Louisville's homeless teenage population , I want to make "change" happen.

Our college connection ministry continues to be challenged in the ways we exhibit leadership and how we make a difference in our world! We as Christ followers should constantly be reminded of Luke 16:10 - those who are faithful with a little should also faithful with much!  

Those who are faithful with much rank high on my list of people I want to imitate! Yes, ultimately I want my life to imitate Christ but I also need leaders in my life who are constantly challenging me and raising the bar!

I'm thankful that I do have those leaders in my life! I also want to be a leader that constantly challenges others to raise the bar - to be faithful with little and to be faithful with much!

How have you been faithful with your little and your much?

Let Colossians 3:23 encourage you....Whatever you do - work at it with all of your heart! Be excellent in all that you do! Make "it" happen - whatever "it" is - make "it" happen!

Our College Connection will be talking about what it means to be a Capable Leader next week! The Catalyst Leader reveals 10 essentials for being a Capable Leader...

1.  Capable Leaders constantly push forward...
2.  Capable Leaders are team players...
3.  Capable Leaders own their mistakes...
4.  Capable Leaders take risks...
5.  Capable Leaders are constant learners...
6. Capable Leaders aren't entitled
7.  Capable Leaders are anticipators...
8.  Capable Leaders are persistent...
9.  Capable Leaders are trustworthy...
10.  Capable Leaders deliver


So....make "it" happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday