Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Meditation

When I think of scripture that reflects "thanksgiving" - I usually first think of Psalm 100.  "Enter His gates with THANKSGIVING and his courts with praise. Give THANKS to Him, bless His name.  For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations."

I am thankful this year for God's faithfulness to all generations.  I am always reminded at Thanksgiving of the faithfulness of my grandmothers.  They both passed away in 2011.  It was a sad year for me.  Although sadness still enters my heart from time to time, the thanksgiving overcomes the sadness.  I'm thankful for their integrity, their humility, their tenacity, their boldness and their faith in God.


Francis Frangipane - "It does not matter what your circumstances are; the instant you begin to thank God, even though your situation has not changed, you begin to change. The key that unlocks the gates of heaven is a thankful heart.  Entrance into the courts of God comes as you simply begin to praise the Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday