Saturday, December 9, 2023

Peace

Peace: As I return to this advent theme every year, I find myself once again preaching to myself of the need to have my expectations re-oriented, my desires re-focused.

If you want to experience the peace of God, you must know the God of peace. And if you want to know the God of peace, you must embrace his only begotten Son.

Real peace isn’t found in material things, in sports, in a successful job or a secure neighborhood. It’s not found in food or exercise or travel or holiday cheer. It’s not even found in a loving family or a vibrant ministry. In the final analysis, peace is only found in the Prince of it.

“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.” Luke 2:14 (KJV) 

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday