Monday, February 15, 2016

Just Walk

S.O.A.K.
Scripture:  1 John 2:6 - Whoever says "I abide in him," must walk as he did!
Observation:  How much do you love that Jesus walked?  He didn't rush or run or hurry through this life.  He walked - giving him the ability to notice and act upon promptings from his Father.  What if today we held up a pace of walking when we wanted to rush?  Through that pace of walking and an abiding spirit, we may just be an advocate to someone who needs support today!  We may just do the excellent thing when it would be so much easier not to do it.  We may just lay ourselves, our wants, down for the good of others.  Just walk.  We can practically look more like Jesus today simply by walking and not rushing.
Application:  I need to practice walking instead of rushing!  That's pretty much it!  
Kneel:  God, thank you for this wonderful reminder that it is important for us to walk so that we might notice and be an advocate for someone who needs support now - not later.  Give me a desire to lay down my desires for the good of those in my family, in my community and in my world!  I need your help to just walk!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday