Thursday, May 1, 2014

Imperfect Progress

For those of you who know me really well - you know that I hate tax season.  From Feb 15 through April 15, you may find me on any given day standing at my kitchen counter trying to decide if I am going to extend grace & laugh or come completely unglued.  It was just last year that I told myself that this year's tax season would not be as bad because I had learned by now (16 years) to manage work, kids, housecleaning, yard work, sport's schedules, band schedules, school schedules, meetings at work, cooking, making lunches, volunteering, laundry, folding clothes, grocery shopping, saying prayers with my kids every night, exercising, did I mention laundry?  - all the while being a great mom and a great wife.  But once again, I learned I couldn't manage it all and it's ok.  Yes. I am a CPA's wife. I like to think of myself as strong but I am not. I like to think of myself as having it all together but I don't.  I like to think of myself as never getting discouraged but I do. I like to think of myself as someone who never freaks out but that's not going to happen. However, this year I did make progress although it was imperfect - it was still progress. 

You see - I learned that when discouragement looms close, God's power moves closer. Despite the demands of an overwhelming schedule, God will step in.  Where I fall short, God's power fills the gap. 

I hope today that you can experience a fresh working of God's power in your life!  And the best way to tap into that power is gratitude.  Gratitude diffuses attitude.  May you see God in a new way today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday