Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Betrayal

S.O.A.K.

Scripture: Luke 22:1-6 The betrayal of Jesus

Observation: Betrayal is probably the most devastating loss a person can experience. To be betrayed, the person must first experience trust in the betrayer.  Jesus trusted. And, Jesus was betrayed. Jesus must have felt a myriad of emotion - anger, fear and distress. 

Application:  Have you ever been betrayed? I don't know if I have and if I have then God has given me the grace to forget it. However, there is one form of betrayal that absolutely breaks my heart and that is infidelity. I just can't imagine how difficult it must be to continue in a relationship that has been violated. Yet, I have seen marriages survive infidelity - I believe only by the grace of God.

I'm thankful for the grace that has restored marriages!

Kneel: Creator God, give me the desire to always remain faithful to my nĂºmero uno - Wally Brown. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday