Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Stay Alert

S.O.A.K.

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:1-13 -  12. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Observation: This is a word to the Corinthians - Learn from Israel's History! Just when you think you have it all together, you are tempted to bow down to idols, you are tempted to lie, you are tempted to cheat. But when this happens, God will help you. 

Application:  Temptation is common for all of us. We need to stay focused. 1 Peter 5:8 tells us to "Stay Alert" because the devil prowls around us like a roaring lion waiting for someone to devour. The best way for me to stay alert is to stay focused in prayer and on God's Word! Also, I need accountability. I am human. Yes, I'm a minister but I am human. I have to set boundaries to protect myself, my family and my marriage.

Kneel: God, thank you for your faithful help to give us the strength and courage to turn away and resist temptation. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday