Friday, February 19, 2016

He keeps the light on!

S.O.A.K. (Lenten Reflection - Psalm 27)

Scripture:  The Lord is my light.... (v.1)

Observation: This is a Psalm of confidence.  David doesn't have to question whether the Lord will be his light, his stronghold or whether the Lord will be gracious unto him.  David has confidence in his creator! David has seen God's light shine even in the midst of sin and war.

Application:  We don't have to ask God to be our light - He is our Light!  We need to anticipate the light that will always shine in the darkness!  He keeps the light on!

I think back to those high school days when I had to be home by midnight.  My mom would always keep the light on for me.  That light symbolized her love and care!  God always keeps the light on!

Kneel:  Thank you God for making the narrow paths a little easier to see with the light on.  Thank you for keeping the light on when I'm late and even when I don't show up.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday