Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tumulos and Washed Out Roads!

S.O.A.K.
Scripture: Luke 12:24 - Make every effort to enter the Narrow Gate!
Observation: : The "gate” represents the beginning, to the “way” that leads to life. Why is it narrow?  Because it is a gate which requires self-denial and obedience. This gate has no room for a consuming desire for earthly goods, an unforgiving spirit, and self-righteousness.
Application:  In thinking about the "narrow road" - I can't help but think of the many roads I have traveled.The narrow road  is a path filled with potholes, tumulos (shout out to my Honduras amigos) twisted turns and jagged curves. It is filled with high mountains, washed out roads (shout out to my Costa Rican and Honduras amigos) and low valleys. Along the narrow way we will encounter ditches and crosses we will have to bear. We will run into hills of difficulties and rivers of humiliation. Every now and then, we will encounter stones of despair and rocks of sorrow. Oh yes, along this narrow path, however, we find life at the waters edge and at the mountains peak. And that life is abundant because we have learned to become RICH IN FAITH as a result of walking the narrow road!
Kneel: God, help me enter the gate that requires me to be outrageously generous with my time and money! I want to be Rich In Faith! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday