Wednesday, February 10, 2016

S. O. A. K. - Ash Wednesday

My commitment during Lent is to read the scripture each day and walk through the S. O. A. K. Guideline! 

Scripture - My sin is ever before me...Psalm 51

Observation - Being a man after God's heart was a struggle for David. To truly be after God's heart - a heart without deceit and pride - a heart full of constant love and grace - is just plain hard. 

Application - As I was walking into our Ash Wednesday service tonight - someone said to me, "Tomara, what do you need to repent of?" I told him that I needed to repent of many things. Here's the deal - I know church people usually see me at my best but I am human just like everyone sitting in church on Sunday mornings. I am a pastor and a preacher but I am also a sinner! I know that following God's heart is difficult - it's a lonely journey - it's a journey filled with sorrow - it's a journey that sometimes brings out rebellion and pride and jealousy. 

Kneel - Savior - I repent of my sin for I know it is ever before me. Create in me a clean heart. Renew a right spirit within me! Holy Spirit - you are welcome here! Flood my heart with your forgiveness. May I be overcome by your presence Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday